Tuesday, March 31, 2009

IMAGE TAPING #3: DNA of commerce and empire (mutant)


Wherein I add text from random bits of media that I am currently consuming to images that I am working on:

"T
his was nothing like Tokyo, where the past, all that remained of it, was nurtured with a nervous care. History there had become a quantity, a rare thing, parceled out by government and preserved by law and corporate funding. Here it seemed to be the very fabric of things, as if the city were a single growth of stone and brick, uncounted strata of message, age upon age, generated over the centuries to the dictates of some now-all-but-unreadable DNA of commerce and empire."

---------
IMAGE: Old town fringe with yellow car, by fucoid
TEXT: from Mona Lisa Overdrive, by William Gibson

IMAGE TAPING #1: Soft machinery
IMAGE TAPING #2: Plastic revolution
LOOK: Shpytalna Street by fucoid, from Lvivski Streets

6 comments:

Brunhilda said...

it is like some sort of a "ghost taxi" ready to take to an unforgettable trip throughout the centuries...

Perepichka said...

cool photo man.
it might seem that William Gibson wrote this like looking at it;-)
very nice

chook said...

I find Paris like that. The French don't care but the city seems to weep history and culture from every stone.
Is it because I know it's history? Would it feel the same if I knew not where I was?
Our eyes (brain) can be wreathed with roses or bitter, black bitumen.

fucoid said...

lviv is a living museum

----

greetings Chook, I agree knowing the history can make an experience richer (even if less pleasant... ex., nazi graveyards everywhere here). i suppose it is inevitable that the locals take it all for granted at some point.

Montmartre district is my favorite part of Paris... intoxicating.

kenflett said...

Another wonderful image, this one like a still from a movie.
you must have interest in moving pictures.

fucoid said...

hi kenflett, thanks again for checking out my photos. your work has helped me.

my early studies (and ongoing passion)
was in cinema.