Sunday, January 18, 2009

LISTEN: Sunday mix #1, Gary Numan

All Numan, all day. The greatest pioneer of synthpop next to Kraftwerk? Probably. An arrogant, money-grubbing prick? Maybe. But one thing is for certain, no one could command a Moog with the same authority (Down in the Park, Airplane). Likewise, he was a ninja with improvised electronic instruments, like wired-up violins and guitars (Metal, Conversation). I am a supporter; I don't think he gets the proper recognition he deserves for being badass, at least in the US. Tight, dark, minimal and full of self-loathing... let him brighten up your day.


gary numan mix

2 comments:

101101 said...

Gary is teh shit! He's not the only one who doesn't get recognition here in the US though. The US goth/synth/ebm scene is just ... well, boring and old. Too bad the only instrument I can play is winamp's play button and I could never make it as a DJ because I'm a horrible nasty European :D
Still ... Gary is teh shit and I'd include "I Can't Breathe" and "Little InVitro" to that mix too.

fucoid said...

A cyborg after my own heart :)